- About Us
KVC Nebraska is a private, nonprofit organization that provides a variety of programs and services to meet the diverse needs of Nebraskans.
Our mission is to enrich and enhance the lives of Nebraska youth, individuals and families.
We offer a variety of programs and services to meet the diverse needs of children, youth, adults and families. We accept referrals from the State of Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services, Nebraska Juvenile Probation, and parents and caregivers.
KVC Nebraska provides a variety of resources to help educate the community about child welfare, foster parenting, caring for individuals with disabilities, healthy brain development and more.
Intensive In-Home Services
Helping Families Overcome Life’s Challenges
All families experience tough times. Whether they are related to substance abuse, trauma, physical or mental illness, or behavioral problems, these challenges can be difficult for a family to overcome on their own and can impact a family’s ability to stay safely together. The primary goal of KVC’s Intensive In-Home Services is to keep children safely in their family’s home.
We provide this path toward hope and healing through our Safe & Connected™ model, which aids our team in:
- Performing comprehensive and balanced assessments
- Treating all individuals with dignity and respect
- Collaborating with other case professionals
- Including the child and family in meaningful ways
Watch this video to learn more about our Safe & Connected model.
Helping Families in Their Home
Our Intensive In-Home Services are delivered by licensed clinicians in each families’ home, which is where services are most effective. This also allows us to provide services at times most convenient to the family. This in-home model removes barriers to receiving treatment by eliminating the need to travel to an office, coordinate child care, or take time off from work.
What are KVC’s In-Home Services?
We provide families with crisis management, in-home therapy, skill-building, and connection to community resources. Our unique family-centered interventions focus on stabilizing the family, helping children remain safely in their homes, and improving the long-term wellbeing of children and families. Our caring, highly-trained staff diligently match the level of intervention to the level of need in the family.
Families who complete our intensive program will experience enhancements in the evidenced-based protective factors:
- Parent-child nurturing and attachment
- Knowledge of parenting skills and child development
- Parental resilience
- Social connections
- Concrete supports for parents
- Child social and emotional competence
Who is eligible for in-home services?
At-risk youth and families are referred by the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services Division of Children and Family Services, and the Office of Juvenile Services. We provide Intensive In-Home Services in the following Nebraska counties: Butler, Cass, Dodge, Douglas, Lancaster, Otoe, Polk, Saline, Sarpy, Saunders, Seward, York, and Washington.
What’s the process?
- Initial Meeting: A member of our team will meet with a family at their home within 24 hours of referral. We will create a safety plan and begin planning for discharge. Our goal from this first meeting is for the family to invite us back to their home because this relationship is key to change.
- Ongoing Services: A family will meet with KVC In-Home Specialists and Clinicians frequently and at times that are most convenient for the family.
- 24/7 Crisis Support: We are available to the families we work with 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.