- About Us
KVC Nebraska is a private, nonprofit organization that provides a variety of programs and services to meet the diverse needs of youth, families and adults throughout Nebraska. We offer foster care, home-based support for people with disabilities, intensive in-home preservation and reunification, behavioral health, substance use evaluations, and educational support services to over a thousand children, families and adults every year.
We offer a variety of programs and services to meet the diverse needs of children, youth, adults and families. We accept referrals from the State of Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services, Saint Francis Ministries, and Nebraska Juvenile Probation.
KVC Nebraska provides a variety of resources to help educate the community about child welfare, foster parenting, caring for individuals with disabilities, healthy brain development and more.
Internships & Practicum
For students, there’s no better learning lab than the real world. That’s why KVC Nebraska is proud to help undergraduate and graduate students nationwide complete their social work or mental health treatment internships or practicums and gain real world experience. These students, who learn about and help deliver KVC services like developmental disability support, foster care, in-home family therapy and more, are working in a unique space where government, nonprofit agency providers and higher education intersect. Few other organizations offer students this diverse experience.
KVC’s internship and practicum opportunities are structured to meet your program requirements. Our interns enjoy unparalleled flexibility due to KVC’s in-home model. KVC’s commitment to meeting with families in their homes leads to evening and weekend appointments that work well for students and families alike, and students learn some of KVC’s best practice approaches.
What a KVC Internship/Practicum Offers
- An exclusive opportunity to learn directly from experienced professionals at KVC
- An opportunity to apply many of the techniques learned in the classroom to real situations under the supervision of a KVC professional
- Time to develop skills in social work, case management, client engagement, crisis intervention or individual and group therapy
Areas of Interest
- Developmental Disabilities – Provide support to individuals with developmental disabilities and the people teaching them independent living skills in a home-setting
- Foster Family Care – Share resources and support to family foster homes
- Intensive In-Home Services – Help families stay safely together with in-home services aimed at enhancing evidence-based protective factors
- Therapeutic Services – Provide in-home therapy, outpatient therapy or aftercare services to families and youth with behavioral health needs
Qualifications for Students to Be Considered
- Passion for making a difference in the life of children and families
- Complete orientation and training requirements
- Maintain current driver’s license and automobile insurance
- Provide own transportation to appointments if necessary
- Maintain flexibility in scheduling and attend appointments after normal business hours, including evenings and weekends
Must Be Pursuing a Degree in:
- Bachelors in Social Work or related field
- Masters in Social Work, Psychology, Family Therapy
See additional details about these locations here.
- Omaha, NE
- Lincoln, NE
How to Apply
We’re excited you’re interested in a KVC internship/practicum opportunity! Click the button below to fill out and submit our interest form. Then, a member of our team will be in contact with you soon.
For questions, contact Nicole Deere-Andersen at (402) 708-9528 or firstname.lastname@example.org.