- About Us
We offer a variety of programs and services to meet the needs of children, youth, adults and families. We currently accept referrals from the State of Nebraska DHHS, Nebraska Families Collaborative, and Nebraska Juvenile Probation.
KVC Nebraska provides a variety of resources to help educate the community about child welfare, foster parenting, caring for individuals with disabilities, healthy brain development and more.
Shared Living Providers offer a safe, loving and structured living environment for individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities. Our providers open their homes to clients to teach them intensive social and independent living skills as well as help them form strong community relationships. The clients living with a provider help to determine their own goals for habilitation and independence.
Our Shared Living program was formerly known as Extended Family Homes.
What support do Shared Living clients need?
- A safe and structured home to live in with their own room
- The necessary level of support and supervision, which is determined on a case-by-case basis
- Life skills training to increase independence
- Introduction and access to community activities to enhance and enrich their lives
Requirements to Become a Shared Living Provider:
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Have a valid driver’s license and/or reliable transportation
- Willing for everyone in your household to undergo complete background checks
- Complete KVC’s Shared Living training (including CPR/First Aid, MANDT and Medication Aide)
- Meet all applicable Department of Health and Human Services regulations
KVC Support for Shared Living Providers:
Shared Living Providers through KVC receive the following services:
- A designated Shared Living Specialist to provide 24/7 support and direction
- On-time monthly reimbursement payments
- Ongoing training and support
Resources to Learn More
Read our Shared Living FAQs to answer all of your questions from “How do I get started?” to “Are there documentation requirements?” Our blog features stories from other KVC Shared Living Providers as well as educational articles.