Become a Foster Parent
We encourage any adult that meets the following criteria to contact your local KVC office. Our professional staff are ready to answer any questions you have about foster parent requirements, starting the application process, and when our next training classes begin.
Foster parents in Nebraska must:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be able to meet basic income guidelines
- Have a valid driver’s license and/or reliable transportation
- Be willing for everyone in your household to undergo complete background checks
- Complete the TIPS-MAPP foster parent training program
- Meet all DHHS licensing regulations
To learn more or sign up for a free foster parent training class, fill out the form below or call us. In Omaha, contact us at (402) 578-3173. In Lincoln, contact us at (402) 617-8567.