Healthy Sexual Boundaries Training and Verbal De-Escalation
More than 3,000 Nebraska children and teens need foster families to open their hearts and homes. It only takes ONE caring adult to change a child’s life. How about you?
After this training, you’ll be able to:
- Talk about sex/sexuality in a manner that is comfortable for you and a youth
- Use skills to increase a sense of safety in discussing sex/sexuality
- Define sexual behavior throughout the lifespan
- Respond to sexual behavior
- Demonstrate how to talk to children about the types of touch
- Create a plan for how their home will encourage healthy boundaries and sexual development
- Identify the common signs that a child has been sexually abused
- Talk to a child about sexual abuse
- Use learned techniques in the home to help handle a youth who has become escalated
- Practice skills to help manage a crisis verbally
If you’re considering becoming a foster parent with KVC and want to sign up for class, please contact Becki Schindler at (402) 578-3173 or email@example.com.
If you are already a licensed KVC foster parent, please complete the “KVC AFFILIATE REGISTRATION.” If you are a foster parent licensed with another agency or an industry professional, please complete the “NON-KVC REGISTRATION.”
If you have additional questions, you can contact our Training Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to learn more about becoming a foster parent.