This training is available to Extended Family Home providers.
The Red Cross First Aid course will meet the following objectives:
- Explain Universal Precautions and the Good Samaritan Law
- Teach foster parents how to respond to a medical emergency, and what to do until a trained medical professional arrives
- Discuss how to put together an expanded First Aid kit for the home
The Red Cross CPR course will meet the following teaching objectives:
- How to respond to breathing emergencies
- Techniques to conduct CPR in the case of a cardiac emergency, and time for practice
- How to use an AED
- ‘Hands-Only CPR’
If you have additional questions or would like to register for training, please contact Morgan Emmert, KVC Training Coordinator, at email@example.com.